With acoustics geared to the requirements of international production companies, the Barbican Theatre is an ideal venue for conferences, awards ceremonies or private events.
Whilst seating 1156 people, it is an unusually intimate space with no seat located more than 20 metres from the stage and excellent sight lines for all guests.
The Barbican Theatre is part of the Barbican Centre, an arts complex which was first opened in 1982.
The proposition to create an arts centre on the wasteland was not put forward until 1959 and was to be the home of the Royal Shakespeare Company, however, the Company made a somewhat unpopular decision to only stay resident at the Barbican for six months per year.
The auditorium has a complex seating arrangement that means no seat is more than 65 feet away from the stage to give a more personal-feeling performance.
In 1997 the building underwent a huge renovation.
In 2002 the Royal Shakespeare Company terminated their affiliation with the Barbican and the venue has now become one of the top locations for international theatre.
The Barbican Art Gallery has two exhibition spaces, the large open gallery on the first floor and continuous corridor display space above.
Admission to the art gallery covers both exhibitions of which there are around seven a year.
Was set up to attract people back into post-war London and now proves one the most popular attractions in the region.
We have a lot more theaters for you to look at in our directory.
- Address: Silk Street London,EC2Y 8DS,United Kingdom
- Phone: 020 7638 8891
- Website: www.barbican.org.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Get there by bus: 8, 11, 23, 26, 35, 42, 43, 47, 48, 55, 56, 76,78, 100, 133, 141, 149, 172, 214, 242, 243, 271, 344 (7 days a week); 4, (Mon-Sat); 21, 25, 521 (Mon-Fri).
- Get there by tube/train: BarbicanBankSt. Paul'sLiverpool StreetMansion House
- Wheelchair access: Yes
The lift is located on either side as you enter.
The lift is a standard lift.
The floors which are accessible by this lift are (-2)-(-1)-G-1-2-3-4.
The lift is 2m (6ft 6in) from the Lakeside Terrace entrance.
Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
The dimensions of the lift are 2m x 1.8m (6ft 6in x 5ft 10in).
The clear door width is 104cm.
- Monday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm