The Mercury Mall is an enclosed shopping centre in Romford, in the London Borough of Havering, Greater London. It opened in June 1990 as Liberty 2. From 2006 to August 2010 it was owned by The Mall Fund and was known as The Mall Romford.
The Liberty 2 opened with a mix of retail and leisure tenants, although these were spatially separated with the shops on the first two levels and the nightclub, cinema and bingo hall on the third floor. The name referred to existing Liberty Shopping Centre.
It was initially anchored by a Sainsbury’s supermarket, but when this relocated to The Brewery elsewhere in the town centre, the former supermarket space in the mall was taken by Wilkinson. The Cinema & Nightclub was removed to, although a cinema was opened in 2012.
In 2006 the Liberty 2 was expanded with the redevelopment of the adjacent former Dolphin Centre to form part of the retail site. The redevelopment included the development of a new anchor store, an Asda supermarket, which was also linked into the mall at level two. The redevelopment also saw a housing block above the supermarket site. As part of the revamp, the centre – which had previously still been heavily carrying the ‘Liberty 2’ branding – was rebranded under The Mall Fund’s corporate identity.
In 2013 The Mercury Mall became the backdrop for the horror movie Death Walks.
- Address: The Mall Romford RM1 3EE
- Phone: 01708 733620
- Website: http://www.intomercury.co.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get there by bus: Mercury Gardens (Stop M) 165 193 248 252 294 365 370 375 496 498 575 647 898
- Get there by tube/train: Romford (Greater Anglia Greater Anglia TfL Rail Overground)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Additional information: The accessible toilet is within easy reach on Level one and is controlled by Radar keys. (There are lifts to all floors) For added peace of mind there is an emergency alarm inside the toilet.
- Monday 9am–5:30pm
- Tuesday 9am–5:30pm
- Wednesday 9am–5:30pm
- Thursday 9am–5:30pm
- Friday 9am–5:30pm
- Saturday 9am–5:30pm
- Sunday 11am–5pm