Set in the heart of royal London, Wellington Arch was built as an original entrance to Buckingham Palace, later becoming a victory arch proclaiming Wellington’s defeat of Napoleon. Crowned by the largest bronze sculpture in Europe, it depicts the Angel of Peace descending on the ‘Quadriga’ – or four-horsed chariot – of War.
Visit this spectacular landmark and feast on the glorious panoramas over London from its balconies. Discover the Royal Parks, and watch the Household Cavalry on their way to the Changing of the Guard.
We have a lot more Shopping centres for you to look at in our directory.
- Address: Apsley Way, Hyde Park Corner, London W1J 7JZ
- Phone: 020 7930 2726
- Website: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/wellington-arch
- Email: email@example.com
- Get there by bus: 9, C2, 14, 19, 22, 38, 2, 16, 36, 38, 52, 73, 82, 148, 436, 757, 758, 10, 74, 137, 414
- Get there by tube/train: Picadilly( Hyde Park Corner), Jubilee, Victoria(Green Park)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
The Arch is fully accessible.
The spiral staircase consists of 65 steps. A lift is available if required.
There is a lift from the ground floor leading to all other floors which is large enough to accommodate a mobility scooter. There is also a disabled access lift leading from the third floor to the viewing balconies. This can accommodate a mobility scooter.
- Monday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.