Old Compton Street, W1D 4HS,W1D 4HS,United Kingdom
Designed by Edward Stone and with a capacity of more than sixteen hundred- the Prince Edward Theatre was opened in April 1930. The theatre was originally designed to be a multi purpose venue- hosting musicals, revue and movies.
The Theatre Royal Drury Lane has been the site of a theatre since 1663. The original Theatre was destroyed by fire in 1672. Two years later a new theatre was built on the site and remained there until it was demolished in 1791.
The Cambridge Theatre is a modern, striking building- directly opposite Seven Dials. Built by architects Wimperis, Simpson and Guthrie the Cambridge first opened its doors to the public in September 1930.
The Old Vic originally named the Royal Coburg, The Old Vic Theatre was built in 1818 by architect Rudolph Cabanel. The Theatre was renamed in 1833. The handsome Georgian façade has become a recognisable and attractive London landmark.
The Queens Theatre
The renowned Queens Theatre in London was built as an exact copy of the Geilgood Theatre- previously known as the Globe Theatre. Some of the stalls and much of the front of the building was destroyed in 1940- when a German bomber scored a direct hit during a devastating air raid.